Comment on page
WeChat Pay User Experience
The WeChat Pay User Experience (UX) is different when customers are using a mobile or a desktop device. Here are the steps for each checkout flow.
1. The customers select WeChat Pay from the payment options and the payment form appears.
2. The customers must fill out the WeChat Pay payment form.
3. After clicking "Submit Payment", a unique QR code is generated for the customers to scan. Since customers are using a desktop device, they need to scan the QR code with their WeChat mobile app.
4. Scan the QR code with a mobile device.
5. Authorize the payment.
After completing payment through the WeChat mobile app, customers are then redirected to your designated "Thank You page" in their mobile browser. The QR code generated by the form on the desktop device is no longer valid.
1. Customer arrives to checkout page w/ WeChat Pay QR code
WeChat Pay QR Code
2. Customer MUST physically scan the QR Code w/ the WeChat APP
Scanning WeChat Pay QR Code in WeChat App
3. The customer confirms the payment with their WeChat Wallet secret pin.
Confirming Payment Pin in WeChat App
4. The payment is successful, and the website will redirect the customer to the payment confirmation page.
Payment Confirmation Page in WeChat App